Ultimate Blog Party 2011

>> Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

Welcome all!

This is my second blog party and I hope it's a huge success for all.  Success, meaning I hope everyone makes lots of new blogger friends!

I am not a very consistent blogger yet, but trying to get there.  I do book reviews and write when I'm really passionate about something, as opposed to sharing my everyday life.  I don't have children at home and my husband works out of state, so that leaves me and the dogs.  They don't talk much...I'm trying, but can't quite get them to (just kidding - I haven't gone off the deep end yet).  My 83 year old father lives with me, so that makes things pretty interesting at times.

I am a Christian, stay at home wife, with fibromyalgia and chronic pain.  I would love to work out in the world again, but I don't think that is God's calling for me right now.  My husband and I have been married 24 years and look forward to many, many more.  We love spending time with family and friends, and each other.

I'm looking forward to the spring and warmer weather so I can plant flowers in containers for the yard to add color to our Cedar Rapids, IA home.  We didn't have a bad winter, not a lot of snow, but still ready for the warmer weather!  There are always more activities in the spring, summer and fall months, too.

I'll try to do a better job of sharing this year, maybe I'll pick up the camera this spring...

Happy Blog Hopping!!

Until next time,
Keep it from the heart,
Nan

11 comments:

BARBIE April 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Visiting from the UBP11! Are you having fun yet? Nice to meet you!

Tina Hollenbeck April 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi, Nan. I'm stopping by from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very glad to read a bit about you...and hope you might be able to stop in at my place, too. :^)

A Little R&R April 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Following you from UBP. I love the warmer weather, too....so I can decorate my balcony with pretty flowers (and cilantro).

GLENDA CHILDERS April 2, 2011 at 5:09 PM

It is nice to meet you, Nan, through ubp. I am sorry to hear that you deal with chronic pain and illness. Glad to hear your dogs don't talk. :)

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey #269

bobjenjack April 3, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hi ! Heading over from the UBP! This is my first year so I am looking forward to meeting lots of new bloggy friends! Have a great day today and hope you can stop by.:)

Annie April 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Hi, Nanette! Thanks for following my blog, and coming over to visit! I'm following you now on Networked Blogs. You have a lovely blog, and I can't wait to read more.

Christa @ themeandminebook.blogspot.com April 5, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Hi, Nan! Good to meet you. Sorry that your dogs don't talk. ;)

Keep Partying!! :)

Evangeline Denmark April 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Hi Nanette, thanks for visiting my blog. I love the butterfly in your header. So sweet!
My mom has fibromyalgia as well. It's such a hard road. Hope you're blessed and encouraged along the way.

Katrina April 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Hi! I am visiting from the UBP11 & I think you have a cute little spot here on the net. I hope you find your constant to get you going, stop by & visit some time. I am glad to have found some Christian bloggers in this world.

LeO GaL April 10, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Hi,I am Leogal from http://www.hazelnutlife.blogspot.com
I just joined the Lady Blogger teaparty social.
Happy Blogging

Sara @ Embracing Destiny April 12, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Nice to "meet" you at the UBP!

I also have fibromyalgia and chronic pain. So sorry you have to deal with this as well.

God bless!

The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1